Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: today in global wamring................

  1. #1
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    today in global wamring................

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snow postpones Braves and Rockies; Hudson's start moved to Friday

    DENVER (AP)"?Tim Hudson didn't mind waiting an extra day for his third start of the season.

    The Atlanta Braves pitcher was scheduled to start Thursday's finale of a four-game series against the Colorado Rockies, but the game was postponed until June 16 because of snow.

    "It wouldn't have been ideal conditions for me that's for sure,"? Hudson said. "I would have gone out there and done the best I could. I could definitely benefit from not going out there in 25-degree weather and snow flurries."?

    The Braves will keep their rotation in order despite the postponement.

    "Just back it up,"? manager Bobby Cox said.

    The postponement meant Hudson will not have to pitch at Coors Field, where he is 0-2 with a 13.00 ERA in two starts. In two starts at Turner Field against the Rockies, he has allowed just three runs in 22 innings.

    Instead of pitching against the Rockies, Hudson will take the mound at Nationals Park on Friday, where he pitched the opener against Washington on March 30.

    "It was nice; I really liked it,"? Hudson said. "They still have some bugs they were working out on the visitors' side."?

    Hudson, 1-0 with a 3.46 ERA in two starts this season, also gets an extra day to recover from a respiratory illness that has been going around the Braves clubhouse. Hudson was feeling sick earlier in the week.

    "Last couple of days I've actually felt a little better. Now it's just more of a head cold with some coughing and not being able to breathe,"? Hudson said. "It's kind of hard to breathe here, anyway. I've never wanted to get rained out or snowed out or whatever, but I think this is one that I'm welcoming.

    "I think one more day will help out. Getting into some warmer weather and out of this climate will help me out, too. We've got a little bug going around the team. I'm not the only one affected by it. It's just bad timing."?

    Hudson said he has a history of pitching well when he's not 100 percent.

    "I'll be ready for tomorrow,"? he said. "For me, when I pitch when I've been under the weather in the past, I've seem to have done fairly well for the most part just because when I'm kind of tired, I don't have a tendency to overthrow. My velocity is probably not as high as it normally is, but I think my location and action on my pitches are better."?

    Colorado also pushed back its starters, with left-hander Jeff Francis (0-1) facing right-hander Brandon Webb (2-0) Friday night at Arizona.</div></div>
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    Maybe even more proof that Al Gore is an IDIOT ?????
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    i want to al gore get stabbed in the face with a dull, rusty screwdriver
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    It may be snowing in Colorado, but the ice shelfs are breaking up and it won't be long til we could walk from Alaska to Russia...so make of it what you will.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It may be snowing in Colorado, but the ice shelfs are breaking up and it won't be long til we could walk from Alaska to Russia...so make of it what you will. </div></div>

    That doesn't make a lot of sense man. If the ice is melting, then wouldn't it be less likely to be able to walk between Russia and Alaska? Wouldn't a rise in ocean levels if there is that much ice melting away further the gap between the two?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    Not everything makes sense to me either...but I'm not a scientist.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    Dang it, you didn't let me trick you. Really if the ice caps are melting, the water levels should actually decrease because ice takes up more room than water, and 75% of these breaks is already below the water surface. They are actually seeing more ice packs in Greenland and parts of Antartica as well. Although Western Antartica is losing some of its iceshelf, Eastern Antartica has grown more ice than the western part has lost.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    For someone to call Al Gore an idiot they better be the second coming of Einstein. All the man has done is become Vice President, win the popular vote in a presidential election, graduate from Harvard, help the internet revolution, get a masters degree, and earn a Noble Peace Prize. Your average everyday run of the mill idiot?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    Lets not put Al Gore in the same neighborhood as Einstein either. I'll give him credit for graduating from Harvard and getting his master's but thats about it. The rest has been mainly due to popularity, not brilliance.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: today in global wamring................

    I have to disagree...I think Gore is brilliant, regardless of what others say because of their individual politics.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •